Friday, May 4, 2012

A Load off My Mind

I got the message last night that the guys at xyzprinters.com will assemble my electronics before shipping it.

They do charge 50 euros for the service, but just buying a soldering-iron fit for the purpose would probably set me back by that much. Not to mention my soldering skills are sorely lacking, and I'd probably break a lot of things in trying to assemble them myself.

The next time I build something like this I'll look into doing that myself, but not on the first one.

I've been on the lookout for plastic filament as well, and the site over at printplastic.nl seems very nice. To my mind the prices are good as well. If you're going over there's a code for a 10% discount until the 6th of May: NEWSITE as it seems they've just got a new site :)

No comments:

Post a Comment